WELCOME TO BALTIC FIREWOOD COMPANY
As our name suggests we are importing firewood logs from the Baltic States. All our logs are cut from sustainable forests in accordance with BS4978. They are kiln dried using waste wood to a maximum moisture content of 20%, then for example packed in 1 cube or 2 cube crates ready for transportation (for more products & options see product page >).
WHY IMPORT LOGS?
The Baltic States and Scandinavia have been heating their homes for centuries with locally sourced wood and are experts at cutting and preparing firewood.
Most stove manufacturers recommend using hardwood logs rather than softwood, as hardwood burns cleaner and hotter avoiding tarring of the stove and flue or chimney, also very little smoke and no sparks.
WHY BIRCH OR ASH HARDWOOD?
B.T.U.'s (British Thermal Units) are a measurement of heat output for a given quantity of firewood.
- Ash – 23 btu's
- Oak – 24 btu's
- BIRCH – 26 btu's
- Softwood – 14 btu's
DO NOT BUY LOGS BY WEIGHT – as wet logs weigh more and can be up to 60% moisture, so why buy water! Our logs are dried to 20% and we only sell by volume, 1 and 2 cube pallets. The logs are packed in crates by hand reducing any empty space, unlike builders bags where the logs are just tipped in. Our 2 cube crate is the equivalent of 4 builders bags and the 1 cube is 2 builders bags.
All our logs are pure BIRCH or ASH hardwood – depending on availability – and NOT MIXED with any softwood or the other kind of harwood – we care about quality of our logs as well as our clients' satisfaction.
LOOKING FOR HIGH QUALITY HARDWOOD LOGS FOR SALE?
Baltic Firewood is a local firewood supplier that sales & delivers high quality birch or ash firewood (depending on availability) which fit most stoves.
We serve all Scottish areas from villages, towns to large cities. Are you from Kilbarchan, Bishopton, Erskine, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Prestwick, Largs, Howwood, Stirling etc.? Do not hesitate! Contact us and we'll deliver our high quality logs directly to your door!
LOGS FOR SALE DETAILS:
- packed in 1 cube or 2 cube crates, bulk bags, nets
- cut to 25cm/10" long
- dried to 20% moisture
- the logs will fit most stoves
- 26 or 23 btu's (British Thermal Units)
- Birch or ash hardwood (depending on availability), not mixed with any softwood or other type of hardwood
For more information about products, order methods, payments & delivery visit product page or read Terms & Conditions here »
ORDER & DELIVERY
Logs can be ordered in several ways: online, via telephone*, by email*, by post mail*.
* Please read 'Payment' section before using these ordering methods.
- We deliver logs free in area specified in 'Delivery Area' section (see below).
- We deliver within 2–3 working days from ordering.
- Make sure that your address details are up to date while ordering straight via PayPal. Please note: you do not need to have a PayPal account to buy our logs online, read more here >
- Our deliveries are made using lorries (not vans) which are unable to access narrow lanes and entrances.
- We cannot move pallets over grass or gravel and pallets will be dropped at the nearest hard standing.
More details about Orders, Payments, and Delivery you may find at: Products » or Terms & Conditions »
Delivery area will cover Scottish Central belt for free delivery. This will cover the following areas:
- West Lothian
- North Lanarkshire
- South Lanarkshire
- Perth and Kinross